Hey all you lovely beings, reading this right now! Today is World Mental Health Day!
If this is your first time on my blog, it’s important you know that I am so passionate about raising awareness and acceptance for mental health in children and adults. If you’re not new on the blog, you should already know this! I’ve written a handful of posts on my personal journeys and living with my own mental illnesses as well as posts on children’s mental health.
What are some of the topics I’ve previously written about?
Mental health, self care, mental illnesses and overcoming it all is something I care very much about and from the reader survey I did, it’s something you as readers of this blog, care to hear about. I’m humbled and I am honored that my opinion and advice on these things is something people care to read.
If you’re out there and dealing with postpartum depression, an eating disorder, PTSD, anxiety, or OCD…I want you to know you’re not alone. If your child is dealing with any of these things, I want you to know you’re not alone either. I promise to keep authenticity and honesty around mental health on my blog, always. I promise to keep writing about these things and standing next to others in solidarity. You are not alone.
Today I will be sharing 25 little ways to take care of yourself RIGHT NOW! I’m doing my own little bit of self care today by hiking to the highest point in Massachusetts with Doodle and Bear!
Take Care Of Your Mental Health Now:
- Turn your favorite song up as loud as possible.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Write down 15 reasons you love yourself
- Light a candle and watch it burn
- Have some FUN.
- Have a cup of tea
- Or of coffee!
- Go for a hike in the woods
- Get a grown up coloring book and color!
- Journal your feelings out
- Take a bubble bath
- Or use a hair mask!
- Pet some animal. Maybe not a skunk outside, but a cat or something.
- Eat a treat. That’s salty things for me, but maybe chocolate for you
- DANCE around your living room
- Make a Pinterest board of inspirational and comforting quotes
- List 20 things you’re thankful for
- Watch a sitcom
- Go for a walk with friends
- Get your hair done
- Get some sleep
- Create a self care kit
- Have a milk shake
- Do an act of kindness for someone else
Take today to help raise awareness and acceptance about mental health; also take today to practice some self care!