Today was one of those days, with the rains coming down and the temperature dropping each hour. After weeks of weather that made me sweat and sunbathing in our front yard, the rain and cold was not welcome.
Looking around the kitchen, making dinner was even less welcome, until I realized we have chicken left over from my challenge dinner the night before!(that will be featured on www.thismomtriesitall.com this week!) and it hits me; it’s a day perfect for some of Mama Lauren’s Yucky Day Soup!
What you will need:
- Whole(or most!) a chicken
- A bag of carrots
- Can of Corn
- Can of Green Beans
- Can of Sweet Peas
- 3 Onions
- Salt, Pepper, Tumeric
- Oregano and Sage Leaves
- Half a box of whatever your preferred pasta is
What to do:
- Put whole chicken into pot with two onions(I simply cut mine in half), a carrot(also cut in half), oregano, sage, garlic, and chicken. Use water to cover and boil this about 90 minutes.
- In a second pan, dice an onion and slice the rest of the carrots into it. Remove the chicken from first pan and put on slicing board. Ladle enough of the broth into this pan and cook about 10 minutes while allowing the chicken to cool. Then strain the rest of the broth into the second pan
- Add the rest of the ingredients and season with salt, pepper, and tumeric to taste.
- Cut the meat off the chicken and add to the soup. Add in pasta of your choice Allow this to all cook together ON A LOW HEAT for about 25 more minutes or until you reach your desired noodle.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This is an easy enough meal to make that all my children love! I hope yours enjoy it as well; if you try this recipe please let me know how it comes out!