Breakfast is a favorite meal of my family. Between Doodle learning how to make her own pancakes and showering the younger kids with them weekly now and my husband and I’s standing eggs and toast we have every day; we all love breakfast and everything it stands for. Every so often my husband will bring out a recipe or treat I’ve never had before, or something new for the kids to try.
My grandfather knew Josh’s dad well and often talks about how he would get phone calls on days they were both working in the winter to come by for pancakes, or eggs, or eggnog french toast-so I assume this is a family thing! Over vacation, my husband surprised us with Baked Eggnog French Toast.
I stole the recipe from him, so your families can enjoy it too!
-Half a loaf of cinnamon bread
-1 cup of cranberries/blueberries
-3 cups eggnog
-1 TBS vanilla extract
How to make it:
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. Cube the bread
3. Mix in the cup of fruit of your choosing. Put into a large 8×12 pan
4. Whisk together eggs, eggnog, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour over bread and fruit. If making the day of, allow to sit for at least 20 minutes so the bread can absorb the liquid.
6. Put into preheated oven; cook for 45-60 minutes.
7. Eat with syrup, on it’s own, or with ice cream(this one is recommended for pregnant moms!)
If you make this the night before and allow it to sit overnight and bake it in the morning, it also works! If not, you can get up an hour and a half earlier than your kids and make it in the morning; personally, I prefer that sleeping time!